Monday, February 22, 2010

Victory Jumper

I'm not a monogamous knitter, for the most part, but I'm making an exception for this because it is keeping me cheerful:

I have been wanting to make the Victory Jumper in a not quite so patriotic color scheme. (Here's the link to the original pattern page on the Victoria & Albert Museum website; the pattern was published just after V-E Day.) A teeny bit of irony: I'm knitting it in German sock yarn.

(Actually, Lang is a Swiss company, so the blue and the green are neutral.)

Isn't it a lovely color combination? I'd originally picked up the Jawoll and Regia at a couple yarn/craft stores in Berlin, and when I showed Kelly my loot she pointed out how well the three colors would look together.

Colors aside, I think it's a good idea to use wool/nylon sock yarn—this way the underarms won't felt like they did on the jumper I made out of Yorkshire Tweed. (Something I have learned: it is not wise to use 100% wool for a jumper you plan to wear against the skin.)

(Should have windexed the mirror first...)

Oh yes, there will be three-quarter sleeves. Wrote up the other mods I'm making on my Ravelry project page.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What the heck is a monogamous knitter?! Do you only make love to one pattern?

P.S. The arm is looking good.